Driving and Parking
Pension Miguel is on a street that has no vehicle access. The following directions take you to a free car park in the centre of Nerja which is a 10-minute walk to the Pension. You may be lucky enough to find street parking near to us. The alternative is the underground municipal car park off Calle La Cruz or the open-air car park off Prolongación de Carabeo (both nearer to the pension, see “more maps” www.parkingnerja.com.)
Directions from Málaga airport to free (gratis) parking
- Exit the airport, following the signs for the N340 Málaga, then take the
E15-A7 motorway towards Motril. After about 45-60 minutes (52km), you will see signs for Nerja. Take the Nerja turnoff right.
- Go over three roundabouts and at the fourth one (SuperSol is on the right), take a left and you will enter the large, free carpark. Via Calle Puente Viejo.
- To reach the pension from this park, walk back to the roundabout and turn left, cross over the road at the third pedestrian crossing and continue down Calle Cruz (this is signposted ‘parking subterrano’) walk past the entrance to the underground park and as the road turns sharp left, you turn right past the stalagnite monument. After approximately 15 metres, turn left and proceed down Calle de la Gloria, the pension is situated 40 metres on the right.
- To reach the parking at Carabeo, turn left at the third roundabout from the freeway and follow the sign to the Parador Hotel.
- Go straight over the approaching roundabout. You will then pass a petrol station on the left hand side, before approaching a second roundabout at which point, turn right (you will see the Iranzo supermarket on the left hand side).
- This road is called Rodriguez Acosta. Follow this road down until you reach a small roundabout with a fountain in the centre – go straight over. Continue to the next roundabout and turn right in to Prol Carabeo, and drive straight in to a large open space – park straight ahead.
- On the back wall you will see a sign for "HAVELI" restaurant. To the right of that there is an opening in the wall – go through there, across the strip of land and down the alleyway. As you enter the street turn left, where, a few metres further on, the street will open out. Pension Miguel is on the right.
Directions from Granada and Almería
Get on to the N340-E15 motorway west towards Málaga and Algeciras. Take the Nerja turnoff (the one after the caves) left and follow the same directions from point number 2 on the directions given from MĚlaga.
Arriving by bus
If flying in to Málaga take a city bus (no.19) or Bus "A" to Málaga bus station (runs approx every 30 mins). On arrival purchase a ticket to Nerja – journey from Málaga bus station
to Nerja takes approximately 1.5 hours.
Walking directions from Nerja's bus station/stop
Note: Please do not confuse us with the similarly named Hostal San Miguel, located on Calle San Miguel near the bus station. We are located further into the old town and you may see this pension first before reaching us. Upon arrival at Nerja bus station, head left towards the roundabout. Twenty metres on, there is a light brown/blue tiled restaurant on the corner – go round this corner and cross over the road using the crossing. You are now facing Plaza Cantarero (Orange Tree Square.) Walk round the square, keeping it on your left and take the 2nd right – Calle Pintada. Walk down this street for 6-8 minutes. As the road becomes pedestrianised you will see on the left a small street (Calle de la Gloria) – the Burro Blanco Flamenco venue is on the left of this street. Walk to the end of Gloria (1 minute) and turn right. Pension Miguel is situated on the right hand side.
Málaga to Nerja
7.00, 8.15*, 9.15, 10.30, 11.00**, 11.45, 12.30**, 13.00, 14.15, 15.15, 16.30**, 17.30**, 18.45, 19.30**, 20.15, 20.45**, 21.30, 23.00.
Nerja to Málaga
6.30*, 7.30, 8.30**, 8.55, 10.10, 11.10, 11.55**, 12.4 0, 13.40, 14.55, 16.10, 17.10, 18.10**, 18.40, 19.40, 20.40, 21.45**
*Not Sundays/Public Holidays
**Direct, stops at Torre del Mar Torrox & Muelle de Heredia
Please confirm these times with the local bus station
Málaga 95 235 0061 Nerja 95 252 1504
Arriving by taxi
Taxis can be taken from Málaga aiport at a cost of approximately €65.
Pension Miguel can book a taxi for you in advance to bring you direct to the Pension – please provide us with your flight details and arrival time at least one week in advance of arrival date.
TOP OF PAGE